Friday, March 9, 2007

Technology: Friend or Foe

In my field of education, which is art, I feel that technology is becoming more and more needed to teach a various different kinds of arts that require different kinds of mediums. I feel technology is helpful for doing research on art related topics and presenting presentation. There are also certain types of art such as graphic design, 3-D design and so on that rest solely on the advances in technology. It is because of this connection between technology and art that many art programs still only teach the basics in art technique such as drawing, painting and clay work. Many school can not afford many of the programs that are needed in teaching such classes as graphic design and 3-D design, so they do not offer them. I believe when mixed in with many of the basic techniques of art, technology can broaden a students experience in art. This will give a student a taste of what is out there in art instead of just limiting them to certain mediums. I believe the use of technology should be added to what is commonly being taught in the art classroom today in order to give students a well rounded art experience and give students whatever tools they need to express their creativity.

2 comments:

Genevieve Plagens said...

This is something I never even thought about adding technology but I see the point and need for it. Let's face it, more and more art is being done with these mediums and I would agrue they have a big following or at the least a lot of people like this kind of art. When was the last time you went to a blockbuster movie with a lot of 'CG' and it was sold out?
I agree with you but can see a problem getting the funding for these programs or technologies over some other things that would help or work more in a more typical classroom setting teaching the basic topics such as English, Math, Science or History. I hope that is not the case but I worry.

Term Papers said...

Great info, i glad to see this blog, such an informative article, Thanks for share this.


Term Papers