Sunday, April 1, 2007

Give Me Head with Hair

lifestyle in which drugs, music and My roommates and I were fortunate to attend the Luther College Theater/Dance Department production of Hair. The reason why I wanted to go is because I loved the movie and I enjoy many of the song that are featured in the musical. When they were holding auditions in the fall, I wanted to try out but since I had to take Ed 115 I couldn't. The musical of Hair centers around the hippy culture in the 1960s in which drugs, music and the love-peace lifestyle was significant. The plot also surrounds the issue of the draft that occurred in the Vietnam War. I believe the musical Hair was a good experience because it dealt with many issues that can relate to many of the same issues that are happening today. I also believe that the musical Hair can be education because it demonstrates how the war affected the lives of the youth in the 60s. This related to what is happening with today's youth. Many of today's youth oppose the war that is occurring over seas. The musical Hair in my opinion is a good experience for up incoming educators because it demonstrates that everyone has their own opinions about controversial issues such as war. In order to be a good educator, we must be able to listen to every one's opinion instead of trying to change them to agree with your own.

1 comment:

daniel john said...

I'm sure you had fun writing this article.well good effort keep posting...!



Term papers