Sunday, April 1, 2007

Vagina Monologues

Every year I get very excited to attend the Vagina Monologues. One of the reason is because many of my friends are part of the production. I believe the Monologues is a good opportunity for people that are not actively pursuing a Theater Major to get involve with theater and acting. Another reason that I attend the Vagina Monologues is because it is very entertaining as well as being extremely educational. The Vagina Monologues is based on over 200 interviews that were conducted by Ensler who is the founder of the V-Day movement. The Monologues celebrates the strength and sexuality of women as well as educating people of many gender equality issues. I believe that the play educates many of the issues that women must and went through throughout history. Although some of the interviews are vulgar and use appropriate language, I believe that everyone should attend the Vagina Monologues because the interviews are direct reference from real women and issues that happen in their lives. I believe that all teachers should attend so they can educate their students of gender equality issues which will help make the classroom a more equal environment.

No comments: